Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weather Forecast - Tornadoes Ahead


This last week has been a whirlwind to say the least. However, I have to express that God has amazing power to sustain a person in such times. I went to Genesis Camp (2 1/2 days), made cupcakes for a wedding (125), taught my cake decorating class, prepped for VBS, painted sets for VBS, facilitated and prepped for a training for VBS volunteers, visited with my grandmother (in town from California whom I rarely see), blew up 100 helium balloons with my husband for a church picnic, decorated rooms for VBS and set up supplies, shopped for VBS, staffed a nursery for Sunday when workers were slim (but as always, the Lord supplies), and on top of it all I got a terrible cold complete with no voice, raging headaches and sore throat. Whew. Are you tired yet? Suprisisingly my answer is no. Not much more than normal. I credit my Father with his care and provision meeting my every need. He is so good! Please don't look at the list of tasks I had to do and have pity on me. Instead, thank my Father, God the Creator and Sustainer, for his greatness. He is so good!!! I must also give my husband a lot of credit for being a blessing. He has pitched in extra, never complained and has not expected me to be Mrs. Cleaver this week or the Merry Maid. Boy, the house can sure use some TLC soon, but hey, the dishes are done (thank you Mr. Wonderful)! Here are some fun pictures of this week in a nutshell.
My daughter Hannah and me before the "Princess Dinner" at camp.
Our cabin of ladies, showing our victory of being the #1 cabin at camp.
The kids helped with painting the VBS sets and decorations.

Some of the 125 cupcakes I made for a wedding. Scott delivered them to Bogus Basin (he is the best husband in the world!).

The completed cake of one of my students. She did her homework and practices a lot!

Four generations together, my grandma, mom, me and the girls.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

PHEW! I am tired reading your list. After this week maybe things will slow down???? I think we say that every single week hoping for some quiet summer time.

I love that you always see things in such a positive light even when it is crazy busy. You are an inspiration to me!

BTW, those cupcakes are amazing!!! You are so talented.

Gathered Chick said...

I've got to ask the question everyone is asking - how on earth did you decorate all the beautiful cupcakes without eating all the frosting first!?!?

I'm not saying that you would. I'm saying that I would have...


Clearly, cake decorating is not in my future.

The cupcakes were truly beautiful!! Way to go, Kym!

~ H

Krista said...

I hope you had time to recoop over the fourth! What a week! I am hungry and tired just from reading!

katie henbest said...

honestly Kym, you and your baking talent! sheesh! i am sooo excited you are going MY cake.

loves.