Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Photo Diary




As summer is winding down, (yes I know it is only the end of July but school is beginning in a couple of weeks for us) I am tempted to think we did not do anything much but be "busy". I looked back at photos and noticed that we had lots of fun in the midst of our "busy" days.
Get-away to a friend's cabin with some lady friends. This is me and Amy (my sis-in-law).


Our day at the zoo. These are the monkeys that weren't in their cages!



My daughter Amanda was baptized. (This is a copy of her testimony, the pictures include other people's children and I don't want to post without permission.)

Genesis Camp with Hannah

VBS -Power Lab


Four generations together. I spent time with my grandma who visited in July. Her visit previous to this was in 2001.


Watch out, Scott enjoys this too much!


However, Jenna really wishes this could stop. The Fourth of July- family fun!


Kid's Camp with Amanda (is that an eye roll? or is she just tired?)

PICTURE IN CAMERA, CAMERA IN COLORADO!

The County Fair - we won ribbons! Amanda received 3rd for a watercolor and 1st for a photo. I received 2nd for a photo.


Things that didn't get pictures taken:

  • Swimming with the whole family.
  • Bike rides with dad.
  • Planting and raising our salsa garden.
  • Softball games.
  • Aunt Becky's birthday.
  • Other family get togethers.

Summer is not over and I know we have many more great things planned for great times together. I am amazed as I look back and notice how many opportunities we were involved in to share Jesus or grow in our faith. I praise God for these opportunities. I desire that everything our family does would somehow have an eternal purpose in directing us and/or others to the cross of Jesus. This can happen even in the mundane or the routine and even at a family BBQ. God is what this life is all about. It is a gift. May I not fall into the trap that this life is about me. May I live a life that pleases my Creator and points others to the cross where Jesus died for our salvation.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You have had a BUSY summer! It will almost be a relief to start school!

katie henbest said...

dear Kym,
don't you know that oatmeal is the most wonderful meal in the entire world? i will pray for you... (ha)

you did have a busy summer lady! hope you enjoy the last few weeks before school. sure do love you!