Saturday, July 5, 2008

FAMILY + FRIENDS + FIREWORKS + FOOD = FUN

Ahh, another 4th has come and gone. Happy Birthday America! I am blessed to be an American. I feel pride for this nation, I love to hang our flag on any appropriate occasion. Our America, there is no other place in the world like her. I pray my children learn to love their country as I have. I am glad God placed me here. May I not waste all the opportunities being an American allows me and may I always remember that my freedom was bought (and continues to be bought) with a huge price tag. So in honor of this occasion, the Slater clan has chosen to follow a well laid out formula for expressing our appreciation of our freedom. This formula goes as follows:
FAMILY + FRIENDS + FIREWORKS + FOOD (grilled)= FUN
(Due to technical difficulties, I will get the pics put in later.)


3 comments:

Kristen said...

I am glad you had a great 4th of July! It always touches my heart when we do the patriotic service at church or anything involving honoring those who serve for us. Can't wait to see pictures :o)

Krista said...

I think your formula for Fun should work for many, many more Fourths!

Craig, Michelle and kids said...

I just wanted to let you know you are my blogging hero. I hope some day I can do as well as you. Keep up the good work, I always enjoy reading about you and the family!
Take care, I love and miss you!