Thursday, June 19, 2008

20 Already? Where did the years go?

Yep, it has come. It is now the year for my 20th high school reunion. Wow, when the invitation came in the mail I was startled. I mean I can do the math. I knew it had be 20 years, but really? 20 years. I remember when... I drove a '78 Chevy Luv truck, had real big hair, wore crop tops, went to the games, stayed out way past curfew, wore keds without laces and pegged my pants.

Class of 1988 - Elk Grove High School - See what I mean about the big hair?

To make my musing more extreme, I remembered going with my parents to their 20th reunions. I also remember thinking that they were, well... OLD. I am not old. I mean, I haven't even finished growing up yet, right?

My dad's 20th reunion picture (really they weren't old!)

Needless to say, I am skipping out and not attending my reunion. Costs are too high. However, I will send in my updated information so that everyone will be able learn what I am up to these days. Now I will set my shoulders back, stand tall and remember, I am NOT old!

Kym


5 comments:

Kristen said...

You are so NOT old! My 20 year reunion is just around the corner... where did the time go. I remember all those things you listed. I loved that you put up your senior picture and that picture of your parents! I remember going to my parents reunions as well. I,too, thought they were old!

Wife2Jason said...

Umm... yeah I just got my papers for my 10 year reunion!! LOL

katie henbest said...

oh there you are Kym! :)

excited to see you are a blogger. also excited about the big hair and Keds without laces...actually, i'm pretty sure my fiance has those exact shoes! yesss!

you are still beautiful and young, dear.

Dámaris said...

I was so glad to find your blog! Time sure flies doesn't it? You haven't changed though - Love that hair:)

Gathered Chick said...

Kym!!

Holly Huchel kindly sent your blog link to me. I LOVE IT!!! What an adorable blog name and your page is just too cute.

I had to laugh at your post. Alan turned 40 last month. Funny how suddenly 5, 10 or 20 years passing doesn't seem so long.

I would love to catch up. Drop me a line via email, blogger or facebook sometime. I 'd love to hear more about your 5K training. I just started jogging, too.

Love,

~ Heidi