Monday, June 16, 2008

Crazy morning, family, fun and a thank you!

Another Father's Day. The day began with me getting up before the rest of the family. I was letting everyone sleep as long as possible. The kids were needing some recovery from a lack of sleep. Scott had just gotten back from a fishing weekend with lots of sun, fish (he caught 50! Only kept 6) and little sleep. I was going to get to church early (8 a.m.). I would wake everyone right before leaving. However, I realized that Scott had not run sound in awhile. One look at the calendar that I had not looked at all weekend told me that the next half hour would not be very fun. I woke up the sleeping father with the news. Then turned to raise the sleeping beauties. It was 7:25 a.m . and we need to be at the church by 8 a.m. The next thirty minutes were a whirlwind. We were amazingly at the church by 8:05 a.m. Wow!!! So, Scott did not get any breakfast in bed, hugs, kisses and wishes for a great day. But the rest of the day made up for it. The girls and I took him and my dad out for Chinese food and gave the men their gifts. We had a group of sixteen. Then home for naps. After napping we did one of Scott's favorite activities. BBQ'ing brats with the extended family and playing games. Oh, also all the girls (including me) supported the Lakers at the encouragement of Scott and all wore Lakers hats. We watched the game off and on... thankfully we get another game! Thank you Lakers for the win! We need defense, high scoring and the fight to stick with the team as they go to Boston! Go Lakers! We played our family favorite Dutch Blitz, for hours. We realized that this is the only game we have played for a long time and agreed that we like it so much because we get to play altogether and you don't have to wait for your turn. Well, as Scott went to sleep last night he thanked me for a great Father's Day. Now that makes me smile! He is a great father. I am glad he is my husband. I love you Scott!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Congrats on getting the girls to church by 8:05 am. That sounds like a miracle in itself. I have a hard enough time getting Kerstin to church by 11 am. Unfortunately we did not make it to church on Sunday, since by both overslept the alarm and woke up around 11:30. However, we did try to make up for it by watch the latest Joel Osteen podcast.

We have also been watching the Lakers-Celtics championship run, which has been difficult for me since I grew up in the LA area but have roots in the Boston area. It makes it really tough, but I am ultimately rooting for the Lakers in the series.

We are glad to hear that Scott and pops had a great Fathers Day (they deserve it). We wish that we could have celebrated with all of you. We will have to see where God takes us in the next few months. We are praying for you and will talk with you soon.

Love, Kerstin and Nathan