Thursday, October 23, 2008

This is new for me...

Ok. Well, in a nutshell I am stepping out in a new way, attempting a form of accountability as well as documenting the struggle I have had in my health. I know I am not alone in this. I have struggled throughout my life with the agony of weight. I have been overweight, obese, and morbidly obese. I have gone through phases of being obese, losing it, gaining it back more than double, losing most of it and then beginning the gradual climb back to what I consider to be "Never Again Land". I know this is a journey for me, not a "whew, I made it" deal. I have found this to be as much a behavioral issue as a spiritual one. I don't want to hide the realness of "it" for me. I believe whether our struggle is food, money, gossip, lust or whatever ill it may be, we can share our journey, encourage one another, gain accountability and change. That is what I intend to do. I am starting an invite only blog. I want to invite those who have shared this struggle or any other habit, hang-up or hurt that has led them to a path of destruction, whether large or small. If you want to be a reader, commenter, or follower of this new blog, please let me know and I will extend you an invitation. Even if I have no one join me, I will be doing this to document for myself the process and progression of deepen my relationship with Jesus and understanding how to have victory over destructive habits.

You can tell me in your comments or email me that you would like to join.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I am all there sister!

Dámaris said...

I hear you Kym. It's a journey to be in this path. I will be praying for you and thinking of you. Remember you are not alone. Thanks for being "real"
You are an encouragement to me. Please keep me posted.

Stephanie T. said...

Kym,
You don't know me real well, but I have struggles as well, and find that writing about them and seeing others who have experienced similar things is so encouraging. I'd love to be a part of it, if you're okay with that. :)
-Stephanie

Wife2Jason said...

Sign me up, sista.