Monday, October 27, 2008

Little Miss Wiggly Tooth Girl

It finally happened. Coming home on Friday evening, Jenna commented her tooth was bothering her. As all mothers do, I thought, "ughhh, please not a cavity!" She then felt around her tooth and announced with glee, "I have a loose tooth!". Well, I was skeptical, having heard this announcement many times before. So, I told her that she would have to wait till we were home and I would check. Of course, she was ready before I had even put my keys and purse away. She waited, mouth in checking position with her lower teeth jutted out. I touched and yes, actually wiggled her little loose tooth. Granted it is at least a month or two from coming out, but it did move, even wiggled. I told her this good news and watched her skip off (remember Jenna does not walk anywhere) and tell her sisters the GREAT news! They were excited and everyone had to have their turn watching and yes, even wiggling the tooth. After all, we have been waiting for this day to come as both her big sisters got wiggly teeth at four and lost teeth early in their fifth years. Jenna is getting close to six. The ladies set about getting ready for bed. Their dad was not home when they tucked in for the night. When he eventually came home about forty-five minutes later, out pops Jenna from her room to show her Dad what great thing has happened. She was proud as ever when he confirmed the diagnosis. She ran (not walked) back to bed. Then a few minutes later she found an excuse to get up from her bed (you know that ritual "drink of water"). As she strutted (can't just walk) through the family room, she commented, "Dad, you know, it's okay if you call me "Little Miss Wiggly Tooth Girl"
Do you think she might be excited?

(Photo compliments of big sis, Manda)

1 comment:

Dámaris said...

Oh you know what that means right? they are growing up! So glad you are capturing these moments, they will be treasured later. She's sooo cute!