Monday, September 22, 2008

Glow in the dark, large animals, funny glasses and the family was together...

On Labor Day we wanted to have some fun together. We decided to do something we had not either done in a while or had never done together. I suggested bowling. That would be fun. The kids thought it was good. I suggested Boondocks, we hadn't been in a while. Then I remembered another miniature golf place. This one was different. I had toured it a few months back and thought it was pretty neat. A little pricey, but was novel in its effects. So after some convincing the family decided it was a go.

We headed to a neighboring town, had some pizza at our favorite pizza joint (Pizza Hut). Then headed to "Shankz". This place is, well, let me explain. You walk in and are lit up by the black lights. You pay your fee and get your club, ball, optional 3-D glasses (yes, I said 3-D), score card and token pencil, and a tour from the high schooler running the counter. As you enter the course you are greeted by fabulous murals on the walls, life size animal statues and 3-D everywhere, even the carpet! The walls come alive. The course is fun. We had no hole in ones, but came close several times. The kids were entertained beyond the game with the art that created such a fun environment. There were other families there but the place did not feel crowded or rushed. We had a great time. Jenna worked hard and definitely improved her game. Amanda and Hannah showed they can do nearly as well as their mom (ok, that is not saying much!). As usual, Dad came in first, me second, and this kids placed in age order. Yes, we keep score. What is the point in playing if you can't try to get the bragging rights, come on! One of these days, the kids will beat us, until then, we love to win!

Manda is nearly glowing!

The flash on the camera shows up the details of the murals and statues.


Mom, can we get a new pet? He's house trained. Whatever!


Jenna made several attempts on this hole. Dad had to help get it up the hill.


Our goal was accomplished this day. We were together. We laughed, a lot. We played, a lot. We talked, a lot. I love my family. They are precious. I am blessed to share my life with an amazing set of people. A husband that is, well, amazing and children that I love to be with a lot.

2 comments:

Leah said...

That sounds like a blast. You gotta tell me where this place is. It'd be fun to take the kids.

Kristen said...

looks like fun. i have never heard of that place before.