Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What every woman needs...

Every woman needs to have some alone time.
Every woman needs to have some relaxation.
Every woman needs to have nothing to do but rest (once in a while, that is).
Every woman needs a time or two when they are well cared for by others.
Ahh, I had all of that today. You may be surprised to know that all of this happened for me in a tube. Yes, a tube. I had an MRI today of my breasts to look closely at what is happening. I had taken a sedative. I was quite relaxed. My husband graciously cancelled a meeting to drive me there. I was prepared for the MRI by a great team of technicians. The IV for the contrast dye was nearly painless. They took the time to insure I was most comfortable, lying on my tummy with my "girls" (I am not talking about my children!) hanging down with the help of gravity for the imaging process. Sorry for the visual! My head rested on a great pillow. I even smudged my lip gloss on it and I didn't have to clean it up, someone else gets to. I was told to relax and not to move. Well, that was not too hard. I was very, very relaxed. It was a bit noisy, but that was reduced with the help of ear plugs. All I had to do was rest. Ahh, nice rest.

So today, I got to do what I rarely get to do, relax without feeling a need to do something else. It was actually kinda nice. Oh, and when it was done, I came home and my parents who watched the kids took us to Wendy's for lunch (they were concerned about me on the sedative with the kids). After we where done with lunch my dad announced I was 99% myself and they even let me drive home.

Results will be a few days away. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

i love your outlook. i know you were a bit "anxious" about the tube but you have turned the experience into something positive. you always see everything half full instead of half empty. i appreciate that about you so much!

Gathered Chick said...

Kymmie,

Any results yet? I'm praying!

Love,

Heids