Monday, September 22, 2008

Definition of patience

That is my life. The definition of patience. Waiting for something. Hate it. Want it now. Not here yet.

What I am specifically talking about are the results. I was told 48 hours. Now I am on to about 264 hours. Try that on for size. I am thinking about it as a jury in deliberations. The longer you wait, the more chance of a verdict in your favor.

I do know that the MRI results are currently being reviewed by the head radiologists at my local hospital. Another radiologist has already looked at them. What I figure is that they are not finding anything specific on it but because everyone is fearful of a malpractice lawsuit they want to make sure there is truly NOTHING to be concerned about.

So... I practice the definition of patience. I am waiting. I must tell you though, I am not experiencing duress as I wait. I hope nothing is wrong. I am not borrowing a day of worry over it though. Until I am told otherwise, I am going each day on the path I am already on. God is good. All the time.

Thanks for caring and wondering. Sorry for the long pause in posts. The last week has been an extremely busy blur. I will post about that later.

2 comments:

Krista said...

No matter how much we practice waiting, it never really seems to get easier in my opinion. I think you are right. If something was wrong, everyone would act immediately.

Gathered Chick said...

Kym,

God has me in a holding pattern over an important decision, too. And, just like you, I feel completely at peace about it - for now.

I'll continue to pray for you until you get the good news.

~ Heidi