Monday, August 4, 2008

The Return

What I have been without this last week.

Without:
3 extra bodies to clean up after
About 100 decibels of noise
4 or 5 blow ups between siblings
About 21 meals to have prepared
5 additional loads of laundry

What has returned home:
3 additional bodies to hug and kiss
100 decibels of noise filled with laughter, play and conversation
0 sibling blow up (at least for this morning)
The return of real meals to prepare
0 loads of laundry (yes, I did say zero, they came home with suit cases of clean clothes. Thank you, Scott!!! Now you know one of the reasons why I call him Mr. Wonderful)
And a daughter that just came to me and said "I am glad I am home."

It was an interesting week without Scott, Amanda and Hannah. They were in Colorado visiting my in laws. I was home alone with only my youngest daughter, Jenna. We had fun. We swam a couple times, saw two movies (Wall-E and American Girl), played horses, lite-brite, read books, had pillow fights and she slept in my bed all week. I loved the precious time with just Jenna. She being the youngest hasn't had mommy to herself. It was wonderful and a gift I will treasure.

Now, my big girls and husband are home. Having the family altogether is beyond wonderful. The noise, commotion, hustle and bustle, and all that is normal is back home. PRICELESS.

2 comments:

katie henbest said...

awww Kym...wonderful post!

Kristen said...

i didn't know your hubby and two kiddos were gone! sounds like you had so much fun hanging out with jenna - i am sure she loved it!