Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ponderings...

Really, I have not fallen off the face of the earth.

I am hooked on the Olympics, like the rest of America. (Can a nation fall due to a lack of sleep?)

I am preparing for school starting on Monday.

I hope I can be a good teacher this year. (All 3 are in school now. I will not answer the phone much and I will be saying "no" to things a lot!)

I am more thankful than I can express that the charter school we are hoping to send our children to has had its charter approved (today!).

I miss my honey.

I am glad all the slots filled for nursery this Sunday (for now).

I am thankful for a secret sis who spoils me. (Whoever you are, you are good!)

I am thankful for people who give generously to God's work.

I am thankful the NNU retreat went well.

I am thankful that my doctor's appointment today was at 1:45 p.m and I was out by 2:10 p.m. (granted I have two more appointments next week! Maybe those can be as quick! Oh wait, that was a once in a lifetime thing.)

I am thankful that Amy watched my kiddos all day while I was at a meeting and doctor.

I am grateful for friends and family.

I am tired and thankful for my comfy bed.

I love crushed ice.

I am sad our old van we were trying to sell was vandalized. (Three of the side windows were busted completely out).

I am glad I can blog.

I love being a mom.

I love watching a fun movie with my kids and eating a bowl of ice cream with them. (We watched Nim's Island tonight.)

I love how the kids want me to tuck them in and pray with them.

I am thankful for prayer.

I like the cooler weather.

I am glad my Internet is working again (it took a couple day break for whatever reason).

I am glad you read my ponderings.

Since you read this, please say a prayer for me today. I have a need/request and would appreciate your prayers.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

i am beat from the olympics too - almost over although i will be a little sad, i am ready for sleep.

we had two cars in our neighborhood vandalized last week - they were parked on the street by the entrance. Hmm??

Did you enjoy Nim's Island? Sounds like a relaxing night.

Charter school passed- wow! That is wonderful.

I am praying for you and hoping you have a good first week of school.

Shawna said...

You are in my prayers! I love you sister! Thanks for the ponderings!

Leah said...

You are such a breath of fresh air, Kym! I miss seeing you in Sunday School class. We don't really get to visit in any other venue.

Gathered Chick said...

Your blog is always a delight. Please know I'm praying for you, Kym!

Love,

~Heidi

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you too. I hope your first day went well.