Monday, August 25, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things...


Manda, age 10 (with her sisters yakking in her ears)

Manda: "Mom, why do teenagers have cell phones?"

Mom: "Because they are apart from their parents a lot. Also, they like to talk with friends."

Manda: "When I am a teenager, I won't have a phone."

Mom: "Well, we may want you to have one. It depends on the situation and the budget."

Manda: "When I am a teenager, I won't talk with friends, only you and Dad."

Mom: "You will probably want to talk with friends, honey."

Manda (after a moment): "I will ask you first before I call a friend. Isn't that a good idea?"

Mom (chuckling, wanting to record this for the years to come): "Sure, hon, that would be a good idea."


Jenna, age 5

Next conversation:


Jenna: "I want five kids."

Manda: "Not me I want only two, boy and girl."

Hannah: "I will have three, okay mom?"

Mom: "Sounds good to me. Then I will have 10 grandkids! I like this plan."

Jenna: "I will name my first kid Zachmess."

Mom: "Zach what?"

Jenna (with emphasis on the last syllable): "Zach-MESS"

Mom: "Oh, that is a new name."

Jenna: "That is so that when he is bad and makes a mess I can call him "ZACHMESS!!!"

Mom: "Hahahahahahahaha!!!"

Jenna (energized by my laughter): "The next one is a girl. Her name will be "Kayla Messy Girl"

Mom: "Oh, so why that name."

Jenna: "In case she is bad."

Mom: "Do you know the other names?"

Jenna: "Ummm, the next one is a boy, "Tom-mess".

Mom: "Hahahaha! You are silly, Jenn."

Jenna: "The last one will be Bessy. You know, remember my lost book? Then I can call her "Messy Bessy" when she is bad!"

Mom: "Hahahahahahaha! You are a silly kid Jenn, I love you!"

5 comments:

Kristen said...

oh the things that go through their little minds! too funny :o)

btw - good thing you have this blog to keep track of what they say so you can show Amanda her statement about now wanting to call her friends. I am sure her sentiments about that will be changing in a few years.

Leah said...

Probably sooner than you think. My daughter is already asking how old she has to be before she gets her cell phone!

Krista said...

Too cute!

Shawna said...

I am about to fall off my chair laughing! I love it! Kids are so fabulous! BTW Katelyn says that she does not want to get married or have kids...why? because she loves being a kid!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I just love their conversations.