Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What about the fam?


Okay, I told my friends and family that I would be updating this blog with tidbits about how we are and what we are up to. The "we" I am speaking of is my husband (Scott), my three daughters, Amanda, Hannah and Jennica "Jenna".


I will fill this particular blog with the "Scott" info. He is doing well. He is currently working for Northwest Nazarene University as an Assistant Professor of Social Work (we received his contract for the new year today with this official title). His actual title for his position is "Idaho Child Welfare Resource Family Trainer & Consultant". His job is great. He gets to do a bit of lots that he enjoys. He teaches for the University the Child Welfare class. Then he is a trainer and consultant for the foster and adoptive parents in our region of Idaho. This means he provides an ongoing cycle of classes for foster parents. Each foster parent is required to have 27 hours of training and to have continued classes during the year. That is the bulk of his position. Plus he partners with local agencies and groups to promote foster parenting and provide needed resources. I am proud of his work.


Through our church, Scott is beginning to serve on the leadership team for the start up of Celebrate Recovery (kick off in September 2008). God has a plan for this ministry and it is already at work in many churches. I am glad that it is going to be a part of the church (the body of believers) we serve and grow with.


Scott is working hard to get back into shape. Both he and I were pretty lazy this winter, only exercising the hand to mouth muscles! He is also on a softball team and planning a fishing retreat that is coming up soon.


So that is a bit about what Scott is up to. By the way, did I mention that I am glad that he is my husband? I am glad that we have spent the last 16 years together and I look forward to many, many, many more!

No comments: