Monday, May 19, 2008

9 more days, just 9 more days!

I wake up each morning with the count down of days on my mind. I ready myself, talk with my Savior, eat some food to gain energy, wake the sleeping beauties and brace myself. After breakfast is consumed, after my nephew arrives, after some low growls from my two eldest cherubs, it begins. Another day in the world of homeschooling. I have checked and rechecked the calendar. No matter how we shake it, school won't be done sooner than May 30th. Ahhh, I look at the clutter piles that have accumulated over the last quarter and tell myself they can wait a few more days (but can I?). Hold on Kym, the end is in site. The sun is warm, I long to be free from lessons and complaining. Then I realize that if this summer is like any other, it will be wonderful for a week and then the complaining will begin again, this time because of the heat, boredom and bickering between sisters. Will I or my children be content with where each day finds us? May this be our journey together this summer...

No comments: