Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hello Again!

Nine months I have been gone from the blogging world. I have read MANY blogs. Kept up with yours and discovered some new ones, like this, this and this one too. My family has been VERY busy as well. During the time of my last entry I was homeschooling... now my children are all enrolled in a great charter school.
I was on the board for that charter school over the last year. I resigned in September. As the school year drew close, it was abundantly clear my position on the board would take from my family more than I could benefit the school.
We went on a great family vacation over the summer. We visited my in-laws in Greeley, Colorado and did many fabulous things. I hope to do some fun catch up posts to document the fun we had.
After arriving home from vacation all efforts were centered on preparing my children for school and working EXTREMELY hard to get the new charter school up and started. How exhausting that was!
Then my girls began school. What a day of mixed emotions. After homeschooling for six years it was hard to leave them, but at the same time, I knew this was an answer to prayer. I had prayed for years for a school to be available to my kids that would teach in a manner different than the traditional public school. Charters always intrigued me. This charter focuses on the classical model of education. I LOVE this model. When I home schooled this model was incorporated in our history and literature. It was hard to think of my kids attending any school that would not provide that richness in learning. Then, ta-da, there it was! And my kids get to go! Wow!
Now, I am able to spend more focused time in my ministry at church. This has been wonderful. I am getting to know the families in a much different way because of the time I have. I am able to follow through on things that have had to sit for far too long. My list is still long but it is coming together.
I do help in each of my kids classes. I forgot to mention that my oldest girl (Manda) has a teacher that I have known for 17 years and she has watched Manda grow up (Manda was the bell ringer in her wedding even! Hannah and my niece were the flower girls). Hannah has a teacher that I was already familiar with and she has really enjoyed her class. Jenna's teacher is the mother of Manda's teacher. Jenna's teacher has been a dear friend and mentor for many years in my life. Now I leave my youngest in her care each day. I leave knowing Jenna is loved and cared for as well as taught. Can you see God's hand in all of this? I can. I praise Him daily for His care of my children!
So that is a bit of where I have been. Yes, most of this has focused on the new school. That is because over the last year, it has used most of every spare minute I had. Now that that chapter has closed, I want to be back! Enjoy some pictures of my dear family over the last year.


Easter 2009
Manda's 11th Birthday
Manda, Grandma and Auntie Sis' birthday dinner at PF Chang's

April Fool's (colored milk surprise)

Denver Zoo!
Summer bon-fire sleep over at a dear friends home.

Kid's Bowl Free family fun night out.

Kid's Bowl Free family fun night out, again.


4 comments:

Dámaris said...

you and I must have a blog timer that might go off somewhat at the same time... so fun going through your summer memories too. So fun to watch the girls grow up together, as Heather calls Hannah, "my sister in Christ" too cute!~

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Lisa said...

Hello, I was just Blog-Hopping and ran across your blog. Very Nice!

Be Well...

J.Sahn said...

cool posts, hey can you come to check out mine too? its pretty cool i guess, our english teacher is really uptight about the views and stuff though lol thanks!!! www.goodmoviesgreatreviews.blogspot.com